We take immense pleasure to announce the top 25 entires. I request all the shortlisted contestants to send high resolution images of their kolams, along with their videos to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th April 2021, 5 PM IST.
This contest is OPEN FOR EVERYONE ACROSS THE GLOBE. If you are a winner, and you live outside India, the only cost you will have to bear is shipping, unless you give us a local address.
Saree of your choice worth Rs. 14,000/- or a gift voucher. (Cannot be redeemed during sale or promotions). Winners will be announced on May 1st, 2021.
- Only one entry per participant. Age & Sex no Bar & No extra preference will be given to Children or Men drawing. The focus will only be on the art.
- Ensure you keep a 30 seconds video of you drawing the Kolam to send us to check authenticity. This can be sent upon request from team, if your Kolam is shortlisted.
- Kolam has to be drawn on the floor only (or on a surface if you have a light coloured flooring)
- White Kolam Maavu (Dry or Wet) and Kaavi / Semman only. If Semman is not available, you may use any natural materials such as flowers and leaves for decoration. Organic materials ONLY.
- Competition starts on 14th April 2021 00.00 hrs IST and ends on 18th April 2021 23.00 hrs IST.
- Correctness – Does it follow the 3 Rules of Sikku Kolam (Refer website/ youtube link below)
- Creativity displayed
- Design Principles used to create final design
- Overall aesthetic appeal
Life is beautiful, if you choose for it to be. Until then Kolam Podu !