Below are the shortlisted entries for the Kolam Podu & Win and Utppalakshi saree contest !
800+ entries and 63 shortlisted! Watch this space for regular updates 🙂
Kolams and festivities go hand in hand. Our Tamizh New Year is another occasion that we all look forward to. Creativity is displayed at its finest and we take this opportunity to encourage more people to draw our Traditional Kolams.
Kolam Podu and Win an Utppalakshi saree is the contest we are conducting for the second year running. What started off as a cheering up effort during the Pandemic, because of the overwhelming response, will now be an annual feature. This is an online contest. Patrons of the art and the wonderful human beings who run the brand Utppalakshi, continue teaming with us this year as well.
Utppalakshi is a Chennai based boutique which sells handwoven Kanchipuram silk sarees and are now expanding their collection to sarees inspired by other parts of India, still maintaining the base as Kanchipuram Silk. Every saree is chosen and curated by the owners personally. Much detail is given to quality and purity. Their silk is authentic. Zari is pure silver and the weave is 100% handloom.
This contest is OPEN FOR EVERYONE ACROSS THE GLOBE. If you are a winner, and you live outside India, the only cost you will have to bear is shipping, unless you give us a local address.
Saree of your choice worth Rs. 14,000/- or a gift voucher. (Cannot be redeemed during sale or promotions). Winners will be announced on May 1st, 2021.
- Only one entry per participant. Age & Sex no Bar & No extra preference will be given to Children or Men drawing. The focus will only be on the art.
- Ensure you keep a 30 seconds video of you drawing the Kolam to send us to check authenticity. This can be sent upon request from team, if your Kolam is shortlisted.
- Kolam has to be drawn on the floor only (or on a surface if you have a light coloured flooring)
- White Kolam Maavu (Dry or Wet) and Kaavi / Semman only. If Semman is not available, you may use any natural materials such as flowers and leaves for decoration. Organic materials ONLY.
- Competition starts on 14th April 2021 00.00 hrs IST and ends on 18th April 2021 23.00 hrs IST.
- Correctness – Does it follow the 3 Rules of Sikku Kolam (Refer website/ youtube link below)
- Creativity displayed
- Design Principles used to create final design
- Overall aesthetic appeal
Life is beautiful, if you choose for it to be. Until then Kolam Podu !